Thursday, November 8, 2012

Proposal Paper 2

Title: men are more emotional than women
Author: Sara Estrada (me!)
Topic: men get more emotional about relationships than women
Exigence: the stereotype that only women are emotional and get jealous
Intended Audience: men, women, teens, basically anyone that has been in an intimate relationship
Purpose:  to prove that girls are NOT just full of jealousy and emotions and that men are actually effected by relationship issues more than women.
Claims: men actually get more jealous and are more emotional than women in relationships
Main evidence: While girls have a tougher time coming to terms with a breakup, guys take it harder when the couple is having problems. When the relationship is going well, men get more of a psychological boost. When the relationship is going bad, women have a support system and are more open about their feelings than men. Men feel the same emotions but they only rely on their girlfriend or wife to talk to because they don't open up their emotions to anyone else.

I will use ethos by being a woman with experience in relationships and problems within them and that I have taken multiple psychology and sociology classes. I intend for the reader to see that I have personal experience as well as educational training.

I will use pathos by giving specific examples in which I have been in conversations as well as experiences where this stereotype has come up. The reader should be able to relate to these conversations and personal experiences and agree with my argument. 

I plan on using logos from various sources with facts and I will also reference the reading assignments pertaining gender roles. The reader should be surprised and change there outlook on this stereotype based on my evidence, knowledge and experience.

2 comments:

  1. Omg I love this!!!! So true for my relationships. I also notice that like right when I have a break up I am so heartbroken and depressed but then the guy always comes Back or tries to because at first they are not sad but then they realize what they had in the first place :) good topic I like it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree this is an interesting claim/topic. I like how you are developing your ideas through personal experience, but you will need logos and I might suggest looking into some psychology journals at the library to help you develop this claim will factual evidence. I certainly can connect to this topic and I think your own experiences are important here, but what do the experts say about this topic? I'd start doing some research right away so you find enough evidence to support your claims using ample logos. Also, there is probably data on how male agression/emotion plays out in domestic violence or dating violence that might help you support this argument. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete